Pioneer Valley water plan area
This information will help you understand how water is managed in the water plan area and how you can access water.
Map of the water plan area
- 23 May 2019: The latest Minister's report is now available; the report provides an assessment of the performance of the Water Plan (Pioneer) 2002.
- We are implementing a new water planning framework. Learn where to find information in the new water planning documents. The Pioneer Valley water management protocol and 2 resources operations licences/manuals are currently in preparation.
|Type of water||Management|
|Surface water||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements.|
|Overland flow||Not managed|
|Underground water||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements.|
Water plan information
- Water plan
- Resource operations plan (PDF, 7MB)
- Access historical documents and reports and previous water plans.
- Access the Minister's performance reports for the plan.
Water supply scheme operators
The following schemes operate in the water plan area. Check the Resource operations plan (PDF, 7MB) for day-to-day operational, water sharing and seasonal water assignment rules.
|Pioneer River Water Supply Scheme||SunWater|
|Eton Water Supply Scheme||SunWater|
Follow the links below for more information on how to access water in the water plan area.
|Announced entitlements and limits||The water you can take through your water entitlement may be limited. Check announced entitlements and limits for unsupplemented water or contact the water supply scheme operator for supplemented water|
|Unallocated water releases||No current releases|
|Water allocation trading - water supply schemes|
|Water allocation trading - unsupplemented water||Pioneer Groundwater Management Area: Current locations of water allocations|
|Seasonal water assignment||Check the Resource operations plan (PDF, 7MB) for rules and read about the application process.|
Contact the Mackay business centre for more information on water management and how you can access water in the Pioneer Valley water plan area.
Also consider ...
- Get streamflow and groundwater data from the Queensland Government Water monitoring information portal.
- Access maps and water data using Queensland Globe or the water entitlement viewer.
- Read about regional natural resources management projects.
- Find out about river improvement trusts and their work.
- View price information for permanent water allocation trades and relocatable water licences.
- Read about water planning and learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
- Last reviewed: 30 Nov 2017
- Last updated: 13 Aug 2019