COVID-19 alert: Read about changed restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 6pm, Monday 11 January.
Mitchell water plan area
This information will help you understand how water is managed in the water plan area and how you can access water.
Map of the water plan area
- 10 Sep 2018: A summary of the consultation on postponing the expiry is now available.
- 24 Aug 2018: A notice was published postponing the expiry date of the water plan to 1 Nov 2027.
- We are implementing a new water planning framework. Learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
|Type of water||Management|
|Surface water||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Overland flow||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Underground water||Check the Great Artesian Basin and Other Regional Aquifers water plan for underground water and spring water in the Great Artesian Basin and other important regional aquifers. Check the Mitchell water plan (below) for all other underground water|
Water plan information
- Water plan - to be read in conjunction with the Mitchell transitions from ROP to water plan (PDF, 493KB)
- Water management protocol (PDF, 2.9MB)
- Access historical documents and reports and previous water plans.
- Access the Minister's performance reports for the plan.
Follow the links below for more information on how to access water in the water plan area.
|Announced entitlements and limits||The water you can take through your water entitlement may be limited by announced entitlements and limits|
|Unallocated water releases||No current releases|
Contact the Mareeba business centre for more information on water management and how you can access water in the Mitchell water plan area.
Also consider ...
- Get streamflow and groundwater data from the Queensland Government Water monitoring information portal.
- Access maps and water data using Queensland Globe or the water entitlement viewer.
- Read about regional natural resources management projects.
- Find out about river improvement trusts and their work.
- View price information for permanent water allocation trades and relocatable water licences.
- Read about water planning and learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
- Read the Water planning science plan 2020-2030 to find out how we use science to develop water plans and improve water planning.
- Last reviewed: 1 Dec 2017
- Last updated: 8 Nov 2018