Logan Basin water plan area
This information will help you understand how water is managed in the water plan area and how you can access water.
Map of the water plan area
- 25 Nov 2016: A public notice was released postponing the expiry date of the water plan to 14 December 2026.
- We are implementing a new water planning framework. Learn where to find information in the new water planning documents. The Logan Basin water management protocol and a resource operations licence/manual are currently in preparation.
|Type of water||Management|
|Surface water||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Overland flow||Not managed|
|Underground water||Check the Great Artesian Basin and Other Regional Aquifers water plan for underground water and spring water in the Great Artesian Basin and other important regional aquifers. Other underground in the water plan area is not managed|
Water plan information
- Water plan
- Resource operations plan (PDF, 2MB)
- Access historical documents and reports and previous water plans.
- Access the Minister's performance reports for the plan.
Water supply scheme operator
The following scheme operates in the water plan area. Check the Resource operations plan (PDF, 2MB) for day-to-day operational, water sharing and seasonal water assignment rules.
|Logan River Water Supply Scheme||Seqwater|
Follow the links below for more information on how to access water in the water plan area.
|Announced entitlements and limits||The water you can take through your water entitlement may be limited. Check announced entitlements and limits for unsupplemented water or contact the water supply scheme operator for supplemented water|
|Unallocated water releases||No current releases|
|Water allocation trading - water scheme areas||Logan River Water Supply Scheme: Allocation trading and rules | Current locations of water allocations|
|Seasonal water assignment|
Contact the Brisbane business centre for more information on water management and how you can access water in the Logan Basin water plan area.
Also consider ...
- Get streamflow and groundwater data from the Queensland Government Water monitoring information portal.
- Access maps and water data using Queensland Globe or the water entitlement viewer.
- Read about regional natural resources management projects.
- Find out about river improvement trusts and their work.
- View price information for permanent water allocation trades and relocatable water licences.
- Read about water planning and learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
- Last reviewed: 25 Feb 2019
- Last updated: 13 Aug 2019