Logan Basin water plan area
This information will help you understand how water is managed in the water plan area and how you can access water.
Map of the water plan area
- 19 February 2024: The Minister has extended the moratorium notice (PDF, 136KB) for the Tamborine Mountain and Springbrook areas without change.
- 16 May 2023: The review of the Logan Basin water plan is underway. We need to develop a replacement plan to address current and emerging issues to ensure we continue the sustainable management of water in the basin and balance the needs of all water users.
- 3 March 2023: Provisions from the Logan Basin resource operations plan have been recast into contemporary documents under provisions of the Water Act 2000. A water management protocol, a resource operations licence and its respective operations manual have now been published.
- 8 July 2022: The latest Minister's performance assessment report is now available. It provides a performance assessment of the Logan water plan.
|Type of water
|Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements
|Check the Great Artesian Basin and Other Regional Aquifers water plan for underground water and spring water in the Great Artesian Basin and other important regional aquifers. Other underground water in the plan area is not managed.
Water plan information
- Water plan – to be read in conjunction with the provisions of the resource operations plan included in the water plan (PDF, 908KB).
- Water management protocol (PDF, 870KB).
- Access historical documents and reports and previous water plans.
- Access the Minister's performance reports for the plan.
Water supply scheme operator
The following scheme operates in the water plan area. The Resource operations licence contains information about the roles and responsibilities of the licence holder. Check the operations manual for day-to-day operational, water sharing and seasonal water assignment rules.
|Logan River Water Supply Scheme
|Resource operations licence (PDF, 314KB)
|Operations manual (PDF, 567KB)
Follow the links below for more information on how to access water in the water plan area.
|Announced entitlements and limits
|The water you can take through your water entitlement may be limited. Check announced entitlements and limits for unsupplemented water or contact the water supply scheme operator for supplemented water.
|Unallocated water releases
|No current releases
|Water allocation trading - water scheme areas
|Logan River Water Supply Scheme: Allocation trading and rules | Current locations of water allocations
|Seasonal water assignment
Contact the Brisbane business centre for more information on water management and how you can access water in the Logan Basin water plan area.
- Explore the various ways we use science to develop, monitor, review and evaluate our water plans using our interactive storymap.
- Read Queensland's water plans in a variable and changing climate report to understand how water plans incorporate climate science and manage the risks of climate variability.
- Find out more about Indigenous water reserves.
- Get streamflow and groundwater data from the Queensland Government Water monitoring information portal.
- Access maps and water data using Queensland Globe or the water entitlement viewer.
- Find out about river improvement trusts and their work.
- View price information for permanent water allocation trades and relocatable water licences.
- Read about water planning and learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
- Read the Water planning science plan 2020–2030 to find out how we use science to develop water plans and improve water planning.
- Last reviewed: 23 Feb 2024
- Last updated: 23 Feb 2024