Warrego, Paroo, Bulloo and Nebine water plan area
This information will help you understand how water is managed in the water plan area and how you can access water.
Map of the water plan area
Check whether your property is covered by the plan on the Queensland Globe water plan map (use Google Chrome for best results) or download the Warrego, Paroo, Bulloo and Nebine water plan area map (PDF, 668KB).
- 10 Sept 2021: Provisions from the Warrego, Paroo, Bulloo and Nebine Resources Operations Plan have been recast into contemporary documents under provisions of the Water Act 2000. A water management protocol (PDF, 3.3MB), one resources operations licence (PDF, 175KB) and operations manual (PDF, 396KB) have now been published.
- 12 Feb 2021: The latest Minister’s report (PDF, 2.56MB) and summary of environmental monitoring (PDF, 2.55MB) are available. This provides a performance assessment of the Warrego, Paroo, Bulloo and Nebine water plan.
- 30 Aug 2019: A moratorium notice on works to take contaminated agricultural runoff (PDF, 90KB) has been published.
- Jun 2017: The Warrego, Paroo and Nebine water resource plan has been accredited by the Australian Government.
- 2016: The water plan was updated to be consistent with the requirements of the Murray-Darling Basin Plan 2012. The long-term watering plan describes how the water plan and other documents work together to support the goals of the basin plan.
- We are implementing a new water planning framework. Learn where to find information in the new water planning documents. The water management protocol and a resource operations licence/manual for the water plan area are in preparation.
|Type of water||Management|
|Surface water||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Overland flow||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Underground water||Check the Great Artesian Basin and Other Regional Aquifers water plan for underground water and spring water in the Great Artesian Basin and other important regional aquifers. Check the Warrego, Paroo, Bulloo and Nebine water plan (below) for other underground water|
Water plan information
- Water plan – to be read in conjunction with the provisions of the resource operations plan (PDF, 1.5MB) included in the water plan
- Water Management Protocol (PDF, 3.3MB)
- Access historical documents and reports and previous water plans.
- Access the Minister's performance reports for the plan.
Water supply scheme operators
The following schemes operate in the water plan area.
|Cunnamulla Water Supply Scheme||Sunwater||Resource operations licence (PDF, 175KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 396KB)|
Follow the links below for more information on how to access water in the water plan area.
|Announced entitlements and limits||The water you can take through your water entitlement may be limited. Check announced entitlements and limits for unsupplemented water or check the water scheme supply operator for supplemented water|
|Unallocated water releases||No current releases|
|Water allocation trading||Check the Water Management Protocol (PDF, 3.3MB) for dealing rules for unsupplemented water|
|Seasonal water assignment|
Water supply schemes: check the operations manual (PDF, 396KB) for rules
Contact the Toowoomba business centre for more information on water management and how you can access water in the Warrego, Paroo, Bulloo and Nebine water plan area.
Also consider ...
- Find out more about Indigenous water reserves
- Get streamflow and groundwater data from the Queensland Government Water monitoring information portal.
- Access maps and water data using Queensland Globe or the water entitlement viewer.
- Read about regional natural resources management projects.
- Find out about river improvement trusts and their work.
- View price information for permanent water allocation trades and relocatable water licences.
- Read about water planning and learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
- Read the Water planning science plan 2020-2030 to find out how we use science to develop water plans and improve water planning.
- Last reviewed: 4 Dec 2017
- Last updated: 21 Sep 2021