Gold Coast water plan area
This information will help you understand how water is managed in the water plan area and how you can access water.
Map of the water plan area
- 8 July 2022: The latest Minister's performance assessment report is now available. It provides a performance assessment of the Gold Coast water plan.
- 5 Mar 2020: The Minister has published a moratorium notice (PDF, 136KB) for the Tamborine Mountain and Springbrook areas.
- 25 Nov 2016: A public notice was released postponing the expiry of the water plan to 14 December 2026.
|Type of water||Management|
|Surface water||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Overland flow||Not managed|
|Underground water||Not managed|
Water plan information
- Water plan – to be read in conjunction with the Gold Coast transitions from ROP to water plan (PDF, 576KB)
- Water management protocol (PDF, 596KB)
- Access historical documents and reports and previous water plans.
- Access the Minister's performance reports for the plan.
Water supply scheme operators and manuals
The licence contains information about the roles and responsibilities of the licence holder. Check the operations manual for day-to-day operational, water sharing and seasonal water assignment rules.
|Nerang Water Supply Scheme||SEQ Water||Resource operations licence (PDF, 459KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 649KB)|
Follow the links below for more information on how to access water in the water plan area.
|Announced entitlements and limits||The water you can take through your water entitlement may be limited. Check announced entitlements and limits for unallocated water or contact the water supply scheme operator for supplemented water|
|Unallocated water releases||No current releases|
|Seasonal water assignment|
Contact the Brisbane business centre for more information on water management and how you can access water in the Gold Coast water plan area.
- Find out more about Indigenous water reserves.
- Get streamflow and groundwater data from the Queensland Government Water monitoring information portal.
- Access maps and water data using Queensland Globe or the water entitlement viewer.
- Find out about river improvement trusts and their work.
- View price information for permanent water allocation trades and relocatable water licences.
- Read about water planning and learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
- Read the Water planning science plan 2020–2030 to find out how we use science to develop water plans and improve water planning.
- Last reviewed: 8 Jul 2022
- Last updated: 7 Nov 2022
I want to...
- Payroll tax and grouping - Maroochydore 06/02/2023
- Payroll tax and contractor payments - Maroochydore 06/02/2023