Moreton water plan area
This information will help you understand how water is managed in the water plan area and how you can access water.
Map of the water plan area
- 13 December 2019: The Water Plan (Moreton) (Supply Scheme Arrangements) Amendment Plan 2019 for the Central Lockyer Valley Water Supply Scheme was finalised. The Minister's consideration report (PDF, 249KB) explains how submissions were addressed in finalising the water plan amendment. The final water entitlement notice, water management protocol, operations manual and resource operations licence, which implement the Water Plan (Moreton) (Supply Scheme Arrangements) Amendment Plan 2019, are expected to be released in February 2020.
- 2 October 2019: Submissions on the new draft Water Plan (Moreton) (Supply Scheme Arrangements) Amendment Plan 2019 and supporting documents for the Central Lockyer Valley Water Supply Scheme have now closed. You can still access the draft documents.
- 27 September 2019: Water for the Lockyer: Strategic business case (PDF, 10MB) has been released.
|Type of water||Management|
|Surface water||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Overland flow||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Underground water||Check the Moreton water plan (below) for underground water rules and requirements. Check the Great Artesian Basin and Other Regional Aquifers water plan for underground water and spring water in the Great Artesian Basin and other important regional aquifers. Note: Licences are required in the Central Lockyer area (implementation area 1).|
Water plan information
- Water plan
- Water management protocol (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Access historical documents and reports and previous water plans.
- Access the Minister's performance reports for the plan.
Water supply scheme operators
The following schemes operate in the water plan area. Check the relevant operations manual for day-to-day operational, water sharing and seasonal water assignment rules.
|Central Brisbane||Seqwater||Resource operations licence (PDF, 125KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 635KB)|
|Cressbrook Creek||Toowoomba Regional Council||Resource operations licence (PDF, 248KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 611KB)|
|Lower Lockyer Valley||Seqwater||Resource operations licence (PDF, 236KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 604KB)|
|Pine Valleys||Seqwater||Resource operations licence (PDF, 100KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 598KB)|
|Stanley River||Seqwater||Resource operations licence (PDF, 100KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 617KB)|
|Warrill Valley||Seqwater||Resource operations licence (PDF, 234KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 606KB)|
Follow the links below for more information on how to access water in the water plan area.
|Announced entitlements and limits||The water you can take through your water entitlement may be limited. Check announced entitlements and limits for unsupplemented water or contact the water supply scheme operator for supplemented water|
|Unallocated water releases||No current releases|
|Water allocation trading - water supply schemes|
|Seasonal water assignment|
Check the relevant water supply scheme operations manual (above) for rules or contact the water scheme operator for more information
Contact the Brisbane business centre for more information on water management and how you can access water in the Moreton water plan area.
Also consider ...
- Get streamflow and groundwater data from the Queensland Government Water monitoring information portal.
- Access maps and water data using Queensland Globe or the water entitlement viewer.
- Read about regional natural resources management projects.
- Find out about river improvement trusts and their work.
- View price information for permanent water allocation trades and relocatable water licences.
- Read about water planning and learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
- Last reviewed: 17 Dec 2019
- Last updated: 20 Jan 2020