Moreton water plan area
This information will help you understand how water is managed in the water plan area and how you can access water.
Map of the water plan area
- 28 November 2022: Expressions of interest for unallocated surface water from Lower Brisbane River and Cabbage Tree Creek sub-catchments are now open until 3 February 2023.
- 8 July 2022: The latest Minister's performance assessment report is now available. It provides a performance assessment of the Moreton water Plan.
|Type of water||Management|
|Surface water||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Overland flow||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Underground water||Check the Moreton water plan (below) for underground water rules and requirements. Check the Great Artesian Basin and Other Regional Aquifers water plan for underground water and spring water in the Great Artesian Basin and other important regional aquifers.|
Water plan information
- Water plan
- Water amendment plan
- Water management protocol (PDF, 339KB)
- Access historical documents and reports and previous water plans
- Access the Minister's performance reports for the plan
Water supply scheme operators
The following schemes operate in the water plan area. Check the relevant operations manual for day-to-day operational, water sharing and seasonal water assignment rules.
|Central Brisbane||Seqwater||Resource operations licence (PDF, 489KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 191KB)|
|Central Lockyer||Seqwater||Resource operations licence (PDF, 288KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 463KB)|
|Cressbrook Creek||Toowoomba Regional Council||Resource operations licence (PDF, 248KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 611KB)|
|Lower Lockyer Valley||Seqwater||Resource operations licence (PDF, 293KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 637KB)|
|Pine Valleys||Seqwater||Resource operations licence (PDF, 488KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 615KB)|
|Stanley River||Seqwater||Resource operations licence (PDF, 455KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 617KB)|
|Warrill Valley||Seqwater||Resource operations licence (PDF, 301KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 286KB)|
Follow the links below for more information on how to access water in the water plan area.
|Announced entitlements and limits||The water you can take through your water entitlement may be limited. Check announced entitlements and limits for unsupplemented water or contact the water supply scheme operator for supplemented water|
|Unallocated water releases||No current releases|
|Water allocation trading - water supply schemes|
|Seasonal water assignment|
Check the relevant water supply scheme operations manual (above) for rules or contact the water scheme operator for more information
Contact the Brisbane business centre for more information on water management and how you can access water in the Moreton water plan area.
- Find out more about Indigenous water reserves.
- Get streamflow and groundwater data from the Queensland Government Water monitoring information portal.
- Access maps and water data using Queensland Globe or the water entitlement viewer.
- Find out about river improvement trusts and their work.
- View price information for permanent water allocation trades and relocatable water licences.
- Read about water planning and learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
- Read the Water planning science plan 2020–2030 to find out how we use science to develop water plans and improve water planning.
- Last reviewed: 8 Jul 2022
- Last updated: 28 Nov 2022