Cooper Creek water plan area
This information will help you understand how water is managed in the water plan area and how you can access water.
Map of the water plan area
- 12 June 2019: We are seeking feedback on the extension of the water plan to 1 September 2031. Consultation closes at 5pm Monday 22 July 2019.
- We are implementing a new water planning framework. Learn where to find information in the new water planning documents. The Cooper Creek water management protocol is in preparation.
|Type of water||Management|
|Surface water||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Overland flow||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Underground water||Check the Great Artesian Basin and Other Regional Aquifers water plan for underground water and spring water in the Great Artesian Basin and other important regional aquifers|
Water plan information
- Water plan
- Resource operations plan (PDF, 937KB)
- Access historical documents and reports and previous water plans.
- Access the Minister's performance reports for the plan.
Follow the links below for more information on how to access water in the water plan area.
|Announced entitlements and limits||The water you can take through your water entitlement may be limited by announced entitlements and limits|
|Unallocated water releases||No current releases|
|Relocatable water licences||Available. Read about the relocatable water licence market|
|Seasonal water assignment||Check the Resource operations plan (PDF, 937KB) rules and read about the application process|
Contact the Longreach business centre for more information on water management and how you can access water in the Cooper Creek water plan area.
Also consider ...
- Get streamflow and groundwater data from the Queensland Government Water monitoring information portal.
- Access maps and water data using Queensland Globe or the water entitlement viewer.
- Read about regional natural resources management projects.
- Find out about river improvement trusts and their work.
- View price information for permanent water allocation trades and relocatable water licences.
- Read about water planning and learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
- Last reviewed: 01 Dec 2017
- Last updated: 12 Jun 2019