Baffle Creek Basin water plan area
This information will help you understand how water is managed in the water plan area and how you can access water.
Map of the water plan area
Check whether your property is covered by the plan on the Queensland Globe water plan map (use Google Chrome for best results) or download the Baffle Creek Basin water plan area map (PDF, 210KB).
- Public feedback on extending the Baffle Creek water plan is now closed. We are currently considering submissions.
- We are implementing a new water planning framework. Learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
|Type of water||Management|
|Surface water||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Overland flow||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements - also see below for notification requirements for overland flow works|
|Underground water||Not managed|
Water plan information
- Water plan - to be read in conjunction with Baffle Creek Basin transitions from ROP to water plan (PDF, 482KB)
- Water management protocol (PDF, 832KB)
- Access historical documents and reports and previous water plans.
- Access the Minister's performance reports for the plan.
Notification of existing overland flow works
Landowners must notify us of existing overland flow works (with capacity greater than 20 megalitres) as soon as possible.
This includes notification of works for stock and domestic purposes, capturing contaminated agricultural run-off, and storages required to meet the conditions of an environmental authority under the Environmental Protection Act 1994. Failure to notify of works could result in the unauthorised take of overland flow water in breach of the Water Act 2000.
Follow the links below for more information on how to access water in the water plan area.
|Announced entitlements and limits||The water you can take through your water entitlement may be limited by announced entitlements and limits|
|Unallocated water releases||No current releases|
Contact the Bundaberg business centre for more information on water management and how you can access water in the Baffle Creek Basin.
Also consider ...
- Get streamflow and groundwater data from the Queensland Government Water monitoring information portal.
- Access maps and water data using Queensland Globe or the water entitlement viewer.
- Read about regional natural resources management projects.
- Find out about river improvement trusts and their work.
- View price information for permanent water allocation trades and relocatable water licences.
- Read about water planning and learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
- Last reviewed: 30 Nov 2017
- Last updated: 18 Apr 2019