Calliope River water plan area
This information will help you understand how water is managed in the water plan area and how you can access water.
Map of the water plan area
- 28 July 2022: The latest Minister's performance assessment report is now available. It provides a performance assessment of the Calliope River water plan.
|Type of water||Management|
|Surface water||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Overland flow||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Underground water||Not managed|
Water plan information
- Water plan – to be read in conjunction with the Calliope River Basin transitions from ROP to water plan (PDF, 473KB)
- Water management protocol (PDF, 770KB)
- Access historical documents and reports and previous water plans.
- Access the Minister's performance reports for the plan.
Follow the links below for more information on how to access water in the water plan area.
|Announced entitlements and limits||The water you can take through your water entitlement may be limited by announced entitlements and limits|
|Unallocated water releases||No current releases|
Contact the Rockhampton business centre for more information on water management and how you can access water in the Calliope River water plan area.
- Find out more about Indigenous water reserves.
- Get streamflow and groundwater data from the Queensland Government Water monitoring information portal.
- Access maps and water data using Queensland Globe or the water entitlement viewer.
- Find out about river improvement trusts and their work.
- View price information for permanent water allocation trades and relocatable water licences.
- Read about water planning and learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
- Read the Water planning science plan 2020–2030 to find out how we use science to develop water plans and improve water planning.
- Last reviewed: 29 Jul 2022
- Last updated: 19 Jun 2023