Boyne River Basin water plan area
This information will help you understand how water is managed in the water plan area and how you can access water.
Map of the water plan area
Check whether your property is covered by the plan on the Queensland Globe water plan map (use Google Chrome for best results) or download the Boyne River Basin water plan area map (PDF, 134KB).
- May 2019: The latest Minister's report (PDF, 1.3MB) is now available, the report provides an assessment of the performance of the Water Plan (Boyne River Basin) 2013.
- Mar 2017: The water management protocol was amended to correct section numbering errors. See the list of amendments (PDF, 52KB).
- We are implementing a new water planning framework. Learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
|Type of water||Management|
|Surface water||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Overland flow||Not managed|
|Underground water||Not managed|
Water plan information
- Water plan - to be read in conjunction with the Boyne River Basin transitions from ROP to water plan (PDF, 658KB)
- Water management protocol (PDF, 155KB)
- Access historical documents and reports and previous water plans.
- Access the Minister's performance reports for the plan (PDF, 1.3MB).
Water supply scheme operators and manuals
The licence contains information about the roles and responsibilities of the licence holder. Check the operations manual for day-to-day operational, water sharing and seasonal water assignment rules.
|Awoonga Water Supply Scheme||Gladstone Area Water Board||Resource operations licence (PDF, 88KB)||Operations manual (PDF, 521KB)|
Follow the links below for more information on how to access water in the water plan area.
|Announced entitlements and limits||The water you can take through your water entitlement may be limited. Check announced entitlements and limits for unsupplemented water or contact the water supply scheme operator for supplemented water|
|Unallocated water releases||No current releases|
|Seasonal water assignment|
Contact the Rockhampton business centre for more information on water management and how you can access water in the Boyne River Basin.
Also consider ...
- Get streamflow and groundwater data from the Queensland Government Water monitoring information portal.
- Access maps and water data using Queensland Globe or the water entitlement viewer.
- Read about regional natural resources management projects.
- Find out about river improvement trusts and their work.
- View price information for permanent water allocation trades and relocatable water licences.
- Read about water planning and learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
- Last reviewed: 30 Nov 2017
- Last updated: 28 May 2019