The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Topics to help you employ and manage staff in your Queensland business.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Support for employers
- You may be eligible for the JobKeeper Payment subsidy to continue paying your employees. Sole traders may also be eligible.
- Access a free online library of courses tailored to small business.
- Worker and jobseeker support is available for employees impacted by COVID-19.
- Access free online services, advice and tools to support your business continuity planning.
- Contact the Fair Work Ombudsman's Workplace legal advice program for advice on coronavirus-related workplace issues.
- Employing seasonal workers travelling to Queensland – quarantine and travel restrictions:
- workers may enter Queensland however border and quarantine restrictions apply
- learn how to employ seasonal workers (including locals) in agribusiness and commercial fisheries and the requirements for border restrictions and entry passes.
- Last reviewed: 29 May 2020
- Last updated: 5 Aug 2020
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/10/2020
- Mentoring for Growth day - Logan 29/10/2020
If your small business supplies goods and services to Queensland Government, find out how you can benefit from the On-time Payment Policy.
Find out how your business can manage the risks associated with a pandemic.
Access information about financial support and what to do after a natural disaster.
Make sure your business is prepared, so you can minimise losses, maintain business continuity and recover quickly.
Grants of up to $10,000 are still available to businesses across North Queensland to support long-term recovery from the 2019 floods.