Mary Basin water plan area
This information will help you understand how water is managed in the water plan area and how you can access water.
Map of the water plan area
- 8 Jul 2016: A public notice was released postponing the expiry date of the water plan to 1 September 2021.
- We are implementing a new water planning framework. Learn where to find information in the new water planning documents. The Mary Basin water management protocol and 6 resources operations licences/manuals are currently in preparation.
|Type of water||Management|
|Surface water||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements|
|Overland flow||Not managed|
|Underground water||Check the water plan information below for rules and requirements for the Cooloola Sandmass subartesian area|
Water plan information
- Water plan
- Resource operations plan (PDF, 10MB) | Explanatory notes (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Access historical documents and reports and previous water plans.
- Access the Minister's performance reports for the plan.
Water supply scheme operators
The following schemes operate in the water plan area. Check the Resource operations plan (PDF, 10MB) for day-to-day operational, water sharing and seasonal water assignment rules.
|Baroon Pocket Water Supply Scheme||Seqwater|
|Cedar Pocket Water Supply Scheme||Seqwater|
|Lower Mary River Water Supply Scheme||SunWater|
|Mary Valley Water Supply Scheme||Seqwater|
|Teddington Weir Water Supply Scheme||Wide Bay Water|
|Wide Bay Water Supply Scheme||Wide Bay Water|
Follow the links below for more information on how to access water in the water plan area.
|Announced entitlements and limits||The water you can take through your water entitlement may be limited. Check announced entitlements and limits for unsupplemented water or contact the water supply scheme operator for supplemented water|
|Unallocated water releases||No current releases|
|Water allocation trading - water supply schemes|
|Seasonal water assignment|
Contact the Gympie business centre for more information on water management and how you can access water in the Mary Basin.
Also consider ...
- Get streamflow and groundwater data from the Queensland Government Water monitoring information portal.
- Access maps and water data using Queensland Globe or the water entitlement viewer.
- Read about regional natural resources management projects.
- Find out about river improvement trusts and their work.
- View price information for permanent water allocation trades and relocatable water licences.
- Read about water planning and learn where to find information in the new water planning documents.
- Last reviewed: 30 Nov 2017
- Last updated: 16 Apr 2018