Implementing water plans
Water plans apply initially for 10 years after they've been approved.
During this period we undertake assessments of a plan's effectiveness. If necessary a water plan can be:
- extended, for up to another 10 years.
Water plan documents
Water plans are implemented through a range of documents, developed in consultation with water users.
The table below explains each document.
Queensland's water planning framework documents
|Previous framework||Contents of new document|
Water resource plans
Water management protocols
Resource operations plans (ROP)
Resource operations licences
Water supply scheme operations manuals
Water entitlement notices
Conversion, granting and amending schedules in ROPs
- Access water plans and other planning documents for your water plan area.
- Find out how to apply for a water licence and other water authorisations.
- Read about accessing water through water markets and trading.
- Find out where unallocated water is being released.
- Read the Water planning science plan 2020–2030 to find out how we use science to develop water plans and improve water planning.