COVID-19 alert: Read about changed restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 6pm, Monday 11 January.
Implementing water plans
Water plans apply initially for 10 years after they've been approved.
During this period we undertake assessments of a plan's effectiveness. If necessary a water plan can be:
- extended, for up to another 10 years.
Water plan documents
Water plans are implemented through a range of documents, developed in consultation with water users.
The table below explains each document.
Queensland's water planning framework documents
|Previous framework||Contents of new document|
Water resource plans
Water management protocols
Resource operations plans (ROP)
Resource operations licences
Water supply scheme operations manuals
Water entitlement notices
Conversion, granting and amending schedules in ROPs
- Access water plans and other planning documents for your water plan area.
- Find out how to apply for a water licence and other water authorisations.
- Read about accessing water through water markets and trading.
- Find out where unallocated water is being released.
- Read the Water planning science plan 2020–2030 to find out how we use science to develop water plans and improve water planning.