Take our survey to help us provide the best possible support to your small business during COVID-19 and beyond.
Guideline 20: Wine licence trading hours on special days
Wine Industry Act 1994 - Section 19
If the chief executive grants extended trading hours to allow the sale of wine on Christmas Day, Good Friday and prior to 1pm on Anzac Day, the following requirements must be met.
Wine may only be sold and supplied:
- for consumption on the premises
- to persons partaking of a meal for 1 hour before the meal, during the meal, and for 1 hour after completion of the meal.
Issued 5 March 1996
- Last reviewed: 12 Jun 2019
- Last updated: 9 Jun 2016
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
1300 072 322
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8556