Liquor and wine licences and permits

In most cases, you must have a liquor or wine licence or permit to sell or supply liquor (or alcohol) in Queensland.

A licence regulates where and when you can sell or supply alcohol. Different licences are available to suit different businesses or community organisations.

A permit allows you to:

  • extend your trading hours for a one-off occasion
  • supply alcohol at public events
  • provide adult entertainment.

This guide provides an overview of the types of liquor and wine licences and permits available in Queensland.