Liquor and gaming
Read our suite of guides about liquor licensing and gaming licensing in Queensland. Find application forms and important information.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Advice for liquor and gaming
- Learn about stage 2 of eased of business restrictions from 1 June 2020, including for restaurants, cafes, pubs, registered and licensed clubs, RSL clubs and hotels.
- Read the current COVID-19 advice for liquor and gaming licensees.
- From 1 February to 31 July 2020, liquor licensees will benefit from having fees waived for applications to change trading hours and temporarily or permanently change a licensed area.
- Find additional COVID-19 information and assistance for business and industry from the Queensland and Australian Governments.
- Find business health and safety resources including posters for your business premises to encourage social distancing and good hygiene.
- Support and relief for liquor and gaming licensees affected by COVID-19
- Easing of restrictions on liquor and gaming business closures
- Takeaway alcohol sales for off-premises consumption during COVID-19
- Nightclub licensees with excess stock due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Electronic gaming machine operations during COVID-19
- Protecting your customers from gambling harm when reopening after COVID-19 closures
- Last reviewed: 9 Oct 2018
- Last updated: 1 Jun 2020
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8556
View the TAFV final evaluation report and the government’s interim response to the report’s recommendations
Stay up to date with your requirements for operating licensed premises in Queensland during the coronavirus health emergency.
Watch 2 new, real-life scenarios of how to identify and refuse service to intoxicated patrons.
Have you updated your signs since the penalty increase in July? Download the artwork for free.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news for liquor and gaming licensees.