Guideline 31: Gratuitous supply of liquor
Liquor Act 1992 - Section 148
The Commissioner for Liquor and Gaming may approve a part or parts of the licensed premises, which are ordinarily used for the business of the licence, as an area in which gratuitous supply may be allowed to take place after approved trading hours.
The types of circumstances that would be considered for approval on specific occasions are when the licensee can demonstrate that a special event, such as a staff party, is planned or the licensee is hosting a private function with friends or family.
Re-issued 24 January 2013
(Issued 17 May 1999; re-issued 27 August 2001; re-issued 22 May 2009)
- Contact the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation for more information on gratuitous supply of liquor.
- Learn more about compliance for liquor licensees.
- Read the Liquor Act 1992.
- Last reviewed: 12 Jun 2019
- Last updated: 9 Jun 2016
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
1300 072 322
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8622