How to apply for a licence
There are 2 ways to apply for a licence to work as an employee in the gaming industry:
- apply using the application for liquor and gaming individual licences online form; or
- download application forms from the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) for
All applications - whether you apply online or send your application by post - require supporting documentation to be submitted with the application.
Read the supporting documentation requirements for details on the documentation you need to provide with your application.
Note: If you apply online, supporting documentation can be uploaded with your application.
Online identity verification
When you apply online for an approval or licence to work as an employee in the liquor or gaming industry, you will be asked to supply personal information to verify your identity.
Read more about the requirements for verifying your online identity.
The Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation undertakes various investigations and enquiries into your suitability to be a gaming employee. You can expect that an assessment may take, on average, 6 weeks, although we will process your application as quickly as possible.
If your application is approved, the licence will be sent to you in the mail.
- Learn more about training for liquor licensees, gaming providers and staff.
- Read the Gaming Machine Act 1991 (PDF, 2MB).
- Learn more about liquor and wine licensing.