Lotteries come in various forms, including lotto and instant lotteries (or 'scratchies'). Lotto is played by choosing numbers in anticipation that those numbers will be among the randomly selected winning numbers.
Lotteries licensing is regulated in Queensland by the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation.
Lotteries operate under the following legislation:
Major licence holder
Golden Casket Lottery Corporation Limited (under the Tatts Group Lotteries brand, 'the Lott') is the sole lotteries licensee in Queensland.
Licenses for lotteries employees
A lottery key person:
- occupies or acts in a managerial position or carries out managerial functions in relation to the primary licensee's operations
- is in a position to affect or significantly influence the operations conducted under the primary licence
- occupies or acts in a position designated in the lottery operator's approved control system as a key position (for a lottery employee of a lottery operator).
Find out how to apply for a lottery key person licence on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS).
Alternatively, you can apply using the application for liquor and gaming individual licences online form.
Resources for lotteries licensees
Code of practice
- Last reviewed: 28 Mar 2019
- Last updated: 28 Mar 2019
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3872 0920