Signage that licensed venues must display by law
Under the Liquor Act 1992, you must display the following mandatory signs on a conspicuous part of the premises:
- Liquor licence/permit details
Also read Liquor guideline 14: Particulars to be displayed on licensed premises.
- RAMP sign
This sign advises patrons of their right to see the venue's risk-assessed management plan (RAMP).
- ID scanning collection notice
- closed-circuit television (CCTV) signs advising patrons that CCTV equipment is in use at the premises, for example:
- This venue is under video surveillance poster and LCD screen sign
- This venue is under video surveillance and search by metal detectors poster and LCD screen sign
- Video surveillance, metal detectors and management can refuse entry poster and LCD screen sign.
You must display CCTV signs if:
- your licensed venue is situated in the Brisbane City Council area and has approved trading hours after 1am
- your licence document contains a CCTV-related condition.
We recommend you also use the other signs in this guide to help you with responsible service of alcohol requirements and to assist in creating a safe environment for your staff and patrons.
- Download the Follow the law RSA refresher posters and LCDs.
- Read more about compliance for liquor licensees.
- Learn more about patron and venue safety.
- Find out the liquor fines and penalties for non-compliance.
- Take our compliance inspections for licensed venues refresher and test your knowledge with the quiz.
- Get behind the bar to learn the tricks to refusing service to intoxicated patrons.
- Last reviewed: 20 Jun 2018
- Last updated: 18 Oct 2022
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
1300 072 322
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8555