Liquor harm minimisation campaigns
Promoting and enhancing community safety and responsible alcohol use is an important consideration for liquor licensees. The Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) works closely with Queensland's liquor industry to develop campaigns that:
- promote the responsible supply and use of alcohol
- increase awareness and education of liquor harm minimisation practices
- encourage a change to the drinking culture in Queensland.
Current OLGR harm minimisation campaigns include:
- 'Follow the law' – refreshing the responsible service of alcohol (RSA) knowledge of liquor licensees and hospitality staff.
OLGR provides artwork for the above campaigns (including posters and LCD images) for you to use free of charge.
About the 'Follow the law' campaign
All liquor licensees and most staff involved in the service of alcohol must be certified in RSA. 'Follow the law' is a series of 5 online RSA refresher courses featuring a cast of colourful characters. Together they highlight:
- underage drinking and young people at licensed venues
- checking for identification
- disorderly behaviour
- unduly intoxicated behaviour
- unacceptable and illegal promotions.
Download 'Follow the law' signage
To educate your staff, display the following 'Follow the law' posters in your staff tearooms, meeting rooms and other common areas. Use these posters in conjunction with our online RSA refresher courses.
- Download the 'Drink walking' poster and screensaver to display in your venue.
- Read more about drug and alcohol education.
- Find other compliance signage for licensed venues.
- Read more on minors and under-age drinking at licensed premises.
- Learn about compliance signage and other materials for gambling providers.
- Learn more about our gambling awareness campaigns.
- Last reviewed: 24 Jun 2019
- Last updated: 01 Jul 2019
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8556