You must notify us before you undertake a blast, other than at a mine, quarry or explosives factory.
This page explains how to meet your notification obligations under Queensland explosives legislation.
Who this applies to
- holders of a shotfirer licence
- holders of a licence to use explosives if proposed blasting is likely to pose a risk to public safety.
Before starting activities
Check blasting and shotfiring licensing requirements.
How to lodge your notices
The table below shows what you need to submit and how to do it. If you need more help:
- refer to the legislation (references in the tables below)
- refer to the obligations for licensed shotfirers.
|Report/notice and legislation||When to lodge||How to lodge|
Notice of proposed blasting|
(ER1 ss. 154 and 155)
|At least 7 days before the blasting||Submit online using the blasting notification form|
- Last reviewed: 31 Aug 2017
- Last updated: 31 Aug 2017
I want to...
Contact the Explosives Inspectorate