Storing explosives

You may store limited quantities of explosives under exemptions listed in Schedule 4 of the Explosives Regulation 2017.

However, for larger quantities or if you hold no other licence, you need a licence to store explosives unless you store them in a government reserve.

You can request to store explosives at a Queensland Government explosives reserve 'magazine'.

A permit to store explosives authorises the same activities but only on a one-off, non-commercial basis.

If you store explosives under a licence to store explosives, you must also store them in an approved place.

This guide tells you how apply for a licence or permit to store explosives and your obligations. It also covers storage at a government reserve.