Transporting explosives

You must not transport an explosive in a vehicle unless you hold the required authority.

Some explosives licences authorise the transport of limited amounts of explosives without a separate licence to transport explosives.

However, to transport larger amounts of explosives, or explosives not covered by these licences, you will need to apply a licence to transport explosives.

Drivers of vehicles that transport explosives will also need to apply for an explosives driver licence.

This guide explains the licensing requirements and how to apply. It also includes information on insurance requirements and vehicle safety.