Penalties relating to identification
Licensees and staff can be penalised for offences relating to minors, as a result of failing to carefully check identification (ID). Heavy penalties exist for supplying, permitting or allowing the supply of liquor to a minor, or for allowing a minor to drink liquor on licensed premises. To learn what these penalties are, read penalties for allowing under-age drinking and minors on licensed premises.
The best way to avoid being penalised and/or fined for offences relating to minors is to ensure that every patron who appears to be under 25 is checked for valid ID and verified as being 18 years or older. If there are exempt minors (as defined in the minors and the responsible service of alcohol refresher) on the premises ensure all staff are alerted to their presence.
- Download our 'Follow the law' posters and LCD images.
- Learn more about RSA training.
- Read about responsible service of gambling (RSG) training.
- Subscribe to the Inside Liquor and Gaming newsletter.
- Contact the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation.
- Last reviewed: 10 Jul 2020
- Last updated: 13 Jul 2020
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
1300 072 322
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8555