ID scanning in licensed venues
Licensees in safe night precincts (SNPs) who trade past midnight on a permanent basis must operate an approved ID scanner at each entry to their licensed premises (unless exempt).
If your licensed premises is not required to install ID scanners, you may still choose to opt in to the scheme.
In this guide you will learn about your ID scanning obligations, including:
- which liquor licence classes are exempt
- whose ID to scan and when to do it
- who is allowed to scan ID
- acceptable forms of ID
- personal information and privacy obligations
- how to deal with privacy complaints
- how to deal with banning orders and positive results
- what to do if the ID scanning system malfunctions
- setting up your networked ID scanner with an approved operator
- re-entry pass systems.
- Last reviewed: 9 Dec 2019
- Last updated: 9 Dec 2019
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
1300 072 322
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8555