It is illegal for a person to try to enter licensed premises or be supplied alcohol using false personal identification (ID).
You must confiscate hard copy ID produced to you, only if the person is falsely representing themselves as over 18 and the ID:
- appears to have been tampered with
- is a genuine ID but does not belong to the person attempting entry or the supply of alcohol.
You must not confiscate a device on which you suspect a fake digital ID is used. In this case, record the details of the false ID as follows.
What to do with fake ID in Queensland
You must download, complete and lodge a confiscation report to report fake ID, be it hard copy or digital.
If reporting the misuse of a digital ID, complete the report and lodge it with Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR).
When you confiscate hard copy ID like a driver licence or proof-of-age card, send the confiscated ID and your completed form to OLGR. The legitimate owner of the ID may reclaim it by contacting OLGR.
- Download our 'Follow the law' posters and LCD images.
- Learn more about RSA training.
- Read about responsible service of gambling (RSG) training.
- Subscribe to the Inside Liquor and Gaming newsletter.
- Contact the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation.
- Last reviewed: 11 Apr 2019
- Last updated: 11 Apr 2019
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
1300 072 322
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8555