The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Lock out and ID scanning in safe night precincts
The proposed 1am lock out in safe night precincts has been cancelled. However, if your liquor licence has a condition imposing a lock out, you must comply with the conditions of your liquor licence.
Networked ID scanning requirements apply to non-exempt licensees located within safe night precincts who are permanently approved to sell alcohol past 12 midnight.
Networked ID scanners support the enforcement of patron bans and are available through approved operators.
Find out more about the use of ID scanners at licensed venues.
- Learn about going out in a safe night precinct.
- Read the Tackling Alcohol-Fuelled Violence Legislation Amendment Act 2016.
- Read the Liquor Act 1992.
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
1300 072 322
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8556