Safe night precinct grants
Prescribed local boards can apply for safe night precinct (SNP) seed and operational grant funding. Due to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) health emergency, SNP funding round 23 is now closed.
Check here periodically for announcements about opening dates for future rounds - we will also contact SNP local boards when the next round opens.
Safe night precinct seed funding
Local boards can access funding from a seed funding pool of $750,000 to assist them in their establishment and administration. A seed funding application can be made at any time.
Seed funding of up to $50,000 is available for each SNP local board. Applications can be made for a range of purposes including:
- the establishment costs of the local board
- a facilitator to assist with the development of a management plan
- secretarial or administrative support
- governance training to assist with good governance of the local board.
Safe night precinct operational funding
A further $8 million in operational funding is available to assist local boards in implementing initiatives to minimise public disorder and alcohol and drug-related harm within the precincts. SNP local boards can apply for operational funding of up to $250,000 per precinct annually.
Operational grant funding applications are expected to link to the management plan developed by the local board for achieving cultural change around drinking behaviour, promoting responsible drinking practices and ensuring safer environments in and around licensed venues. The management plan must be submitted with the application form.
Safe night precinct operational funding rounds
Operational funding grant applications will be accepted in 4 rounds each year:
- for 3 of the rounds, grants up to a maximum value of $50,000
- for 1 round per year, an increased amount of up to $100,000 is available – the SNP local board can choose which funding round they will submit a $100,000 funding application to, if any.
How to apply for a safe night precinct grant
Before applying for a grant, a local board must:
- hold a valid bank account
- have an ABN
- be GST registered.
SNP funding round 23 is now closed.
To apply for an SNP grant:
- Read the funding guidelines for the round you are applying for.
- Complete the application form.
- Submit your application by mail or email (using the details on the application form).
If you need help completing your application form, contact the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) by phone on 1800 633 619 or email email@example.com.
- Read the Liquor Act 1992.
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
1300 072 322
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8556