Safe night precinct support services
Safe night precinct support services (SNPSS) are a component of the Queensland Government Safe night precincts initiative.
SNPSS contribute to creating a safer night-time environment by identifying and assisting vulnerable people who are intoxicated in the safe night precincts.
SNPSS services include:
- mobile patrol monitoring public spaces within the safe night precinct area to identify and assist people who may be in distress and/or at risk of harm due to intoxication and/or violence
- rest and recovery spaces providing a safe place for intoxicated people and those affected by alcohol-related violence, to receive support, supervision, first aid and to reduce the risk of harm to themselves or others.
SNPSS operate during the peak late-night entertainment hours on Friday and Saturday nights, (10pm–4am Friday/Saturday and Saturday/Sunday). The exact operating hours for each location differ according to local characteristics.
View the list of funded service providers across Queensland.
Initiative guideline: service and reporting specification
The Safe night precinct support services initiative guideline (PDF, 430KB) gives information about:
- the initiative's intent
- requirements for services
- Last reviewed: 19 Dec 2022
- Last updated: 19 Dec 2022
I want to...
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 03/04/2023
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 04/04/2023