Queensland Community Support Scheme – resources for service providers
The Queensland Community Support Scheme (QCSS) provides support services that maintain and promote independence and quality of life, including:
- domestic activities like meal preparation, cleaning and household chores
- personal care, such as showering and dressing
- support for people to access their community, including shopping or going to the bank or the doctor
- basic home maintenance like mowing, cleaning windows or helping with gardening.
Key QCSS documents
QCSS practice manual
The QCSS practice manual gives information about:
- planning and delivering support – including the target group, eligibility and support types
- administering supports – including reporting and accountability
- service outlet and government responsibilities.
Read the QCSS practice manual (PDF, 1.6MB).
QCSS Outcome measurement system (OMS) technical specification
The QCSS-OMS technical specification provides:
- detailed definitions, formats and code values for each of the data elements that need to be reported in the QCSS-OMS
- definitions of data elements and concepts that aren't reported in the QCSS-OMS but enable the derivation of reportable data elements and therefore require a clear definition.
Data submission guide
The QCSS-OMS Data submission guide (PDF, 747KB) provides instruction on how to upload QCSS-OMS reports via the QCSS-OMS portal.
Note: The QCSS-OMS data submission process has changed effective 4 January 2021.
Ongoing needs identification (ONI) tools
The following ONI tools are used to consistently assess the level and complexity of a person's support needs to determine the appropriateness of QCSS supports.
- ONI User manual part 1 (PDF, 4.7MB)
- ONI User manual part 2 (PDF, 479KB)
- Core ONI contact information (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Cultural/language assessment tool (PDF, 162KB).
Quality assurance and reporting
Key information and resources about your obligations:
- Human Services Quality Framework
- OASIS supplier portal
- Reporting templates and resources – includes Directors certificate, performance and brokerage reports and special purpose financial report
- QCSS-OMS How to guide (PDF, 746KB).
The following printable promotional resources provide information about the scheme for service users:
- Community and disability supports in Queensland (PDF, 276KB) – information about the QCSS, how to apply and types of supports provided
- Your rights and responsibilities – a guide (PDF, 161KB) – helps the service user understand their rights and responsibilities
- Your rights and responsibilities – a summary (PDF, 111KB) – summary of the rights and responsibilities of a Queensland Community Support Scheme service user
- QCSS access point A3 size poster (PDF, 290KB) – information about the QCSS for display at QCSS service provider outlets.
- Last reviewed: 31 Mar 2021
- Last updated: 31 Mar 2021