Public notice of water licence applications
Public notices may be required for new water licence applications and for certain water licence dealings in order to seek public input into the assessment. Current public notices are shown below.
Generally, public notices are not required for new water licences granted for:
- prescribed activities
- a petroleum holder
- taking underground water for stock and domestic purposes.
Current public notices are shown below.
How to make a submission on a public notice
Your submission on a water licence application must:
- be made in writing and signed by each person making the submission
- have the name and address of each person making the submission
- state the grounds of the submission and the supporting facts and circumstances
- include the application reference number
- be received by the chief executive of the Department of Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water on or before the closing date stated in the notice (minimum 30 business days).
The names and addresses of those who've made submissions will be included on the information notice sent to the applicant and all submitters when they are advised of the outcome of the application.
The notice includes the decision and its reasons, as well as information about rights to seek an internal review and the appeal process.
Submissions are subject to the Right to Information Act 2009 and Information Privacy Act 2009, and may be made available to anyone who makes an information access request under these Acts.
Current public notices
The notice will generally include links to the application and any supporting materials. If not, contact your local business centre to inspect these documents.
|Application reference and notice||Applicant name||Closing day for submissions||Local government area||Water plan|
|626198: Sojitz Gregory Crinum Pty Ltd (PDF, 13.7KB)||Sojitz Gregory Crinum Pty Ltd||3 October 2023||Central Highlands Regional Council||N/A|
|629471: Jane Anne Henry as Trustee (PDF, 92.5KB)||Jane Anne Henry as Trustee||31 October 2023||Goondiwindi Regional Council||Water Plan (Border Rivers and Moonie) 2019|