Under-age and all-ages events on licensed premises

A licensee must lodge an application for a temporary variation of licence if any of the following apply to their proposed under-age or all-ages event:

  • the event or occasion is publicly advertised
  • the event is open to the public or casual attendance
  • admission to the event involves paying a fee for admission or for entertainment or services provided at the event.

At under-age and all-ages events, the same laws for under-age drinking and checking for valid identification (ID) apply, namely:

  • Persons under 18 years of age are not permitted to purchase or consume alcohol at an 'under-age' or 'all-ages' event held on licensed premises.
  • You can be held liable and penalised if, on your premises, a minor drinks alcohol that has been purchased personally or by another patron.

Also consider...


General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)

  • Licence and permit enquiries

1300 072 322

  • Gaming compliance enquiries


  • Liquor compliance enquiries


  • Media enquiries (07) 3738 8555