Holding under-age and all-ages events on licensed premises
Licensees holding under-age or all-ages events on their premises must lodge an application for a temporary variation of licence if any of these circumstances apply:
- the event or occasion is publicly advertised
- the event is open to the public or casual attendance
- a fee is being charged for admission to, or providing entertainment or services at, the event.
The same ID laws apply for under-age and all-ages events as for under-age drinking, including:
- the requirement to check for valid identification (ID)
- ensuring minors under 18 don't buy or drink alcohol on the licensed premises.
You can be held liable and penalised if a minor drinks alcohol on your premises that they or someone else bought from you.