Under-age and all ages events on licensed premises
A licensee must lodge an application for a temporary variation of licence if any of the following apply to their proposed under-age or all ages event:
- the event or occasion is publicly advertised
- the event is open to the public or casual attendance
- admission to the event involves paying a fee for admission or for entertainment or services provided at the event.
At under-age and all ages events, the same laws for under-age drinking and checking for valid identification (ID) apply, namely:
- Persons under 18 years of age are not permitted to purchase or consume alcohol at an 'under-age' or 'all ages' event held on licensed premises.
- You can be held liable and penalised if, on your premises, a minor drinks alcohol that has been purchased personally or by another patron.
- Download printable compliance signage for licensed venues.
- Read the Liquor Act 1992.
- Learn more about refusal of service.
- Read Guideline 11: Under-age events and all ages events.
- Contact the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation.
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3872 0920