Keno equipment technical requirements
As a developer, supplier and/or maintainer of Keno equipment in Queensland, you are required to submit equipment and/or software to the Gaming Services Branch Technical Unit for evaluation.
We recommend you read and apply the relevant technical requirements before submitting your gaming equipment to the Gaming Services Branch Technical Unit. Also, ensure that you download and read Submission requirements.
Current technical requirements
- Approved seals
- Criteria and framework for approved evaluators
- Electronic seal minimum requirements
- Hashing algorithms
- Jackpot systems minimum technical requirements
- Program storage device verification
- Random number generators minimum technical requirements
- Witness build guidelines
- Gaming terminal technical standard
For more information, email the Gaming Services Branch Technical Unit at email@example.com or phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
- Check for new Keno equipment-related draft papers for industry comment.
- Read the Gaming Services Technical Unit service charter.
- Learn how a decentralised draw system could use networked random number generators.
- Contact the Gaming Services Branch Technical Unit.
- Read more about Keno licensing in Queensland.
- Last reviewed: 28 Mar 2018
- Last updated: 1 Oct 2020
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
1300 072 322
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8622