COVID-19 alert: Read about changed restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 6pm, Monday 11 January.
Gaming equipment technical evaluations
All gaming equipment for use in Queensland must be assessed by the Gaming Services Branch Technical Unit of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation. This includes any equipment used in:
- casino games
- charitable and non-profit games
- machine gaming (pokies)
- Keno, lottery or wagering systems.
The Gaming Services Branch Technical Unit evaluates all gaming-related hardware, software, artwork and mathematics against relevant legislation, standards and policies in Queensland. Technical guidelines are then published that allow gaming licensees to conform to these requirements.
These technical guidelines are identified in 3 ways:
- current version - the most recent non-draft version of the document
- mark-up version - highlights all changes to the document compared with the previously published version of that same document
- draft for comment - a proposed new document (or proposed new version of an existing document) published for industry consultation and feedback before being finalised.
- Last reviewed: 28 Mar 2018
- Last updated: 14 Oct 2019
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
1300 072 322
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8556