Laws for using and distributing agricultural chemicals
An 'agricultural chemical' includes any agricultural chemical product registered by the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA).
Legislation is in place to ensure that agricultural pilots and their businesses distribute agricultural chemicals responsibly and minimise agricultural chemical misuse to mitigate potential risks of harm to agriculture or livestock, the environment, trade or human health.
The following legislation regulates aerial distribution of agricultural chemicals:
- Agricultural Chemicals Distribution Control Act 1966
- Agricultural Chemicals Distribution Control Regulation 1998
- Chemical Usage (Agricultural and Veterinary) Control Act 1988
- Chemical Usage (Agricultural and Veterinary) Control Regulation 2017.
- Learn more about commercial operator's licence for using herbicides.
- Find out about ground distribution of herbicides in Queensland.
- Read more about agricultural chemicals.