Ex-Tropical Cyclone Jasper support for primary producers
Report damage to your farm
Report any damages or losses to your farm through the disaster impact survey.
These reports help determine if you will need extra support during recovery.
You need to include date-stamped photos, which most mobile phone cameras do automatically.
Access financial support
Primary producers in eligible local government areas may be able to access:
- financial support through QRIDA
- freight subsidies of up to $5,000 per property to move essential materials such as fodder, building and fencing materials, machinery, and animals for restocking
- emergency hardship assistance grants.
If you have suffered significant damage from Ex-Tropical Cyclone Jasper but you aren't in the activation area, you can apply for the individual disaster stricken property (IDSP) declaration.
Affected smaller scale producers and agriculture supply chain businesses can access small business support.
Recover after flood
Assess your crops, pasture, machinery and animals after flooding.
Minimise biosecurity risks
Learn how to meet your general biosecurity obligation to prevent spread of pests and diseases after flooding.
Find mental health and support
- Support after a natural disaster
- Community recovery locations
- Royal Flying Doctor Service Far North Mental Health and Wellbeing service
- Contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Last reviewed: 20 Dec 2023
- Last updated: 2 Jan 2024