Industry recovery and resilience officers
The Industry Recovery and Resilience Officer (IRRO) program assists primary producers with specialised long-term recovery support if they have been impacted by the:
- Southern Queensland flooding (6–20 May 2022) (PDF, 12.3MB)
- South East Queensland rainfall and flooding (22 February – 5 April 2022) (PDF, 859KB)
- Ex-Tropical Cyclone Seth (29 December 2021 –10 January 2022) (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Central, Southern and Western Queensland rainfall and flooding (10 November – 3 December 2021) (PDF, 4.6MB).
Industry recovery and resilience officers can help primary producers to:
- better understand climate risks and develop strategies to mitigate risk to their farm businesses
- develop farm business plans and flood management plans to build resilience to the impacts of future climate-driven events such as flood, bushfires and drought
- apply for a Medium to Large Business Recovery Loan.
The IRRO program and the recovery loans are jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland Governments under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
Contact an industry recovery and resilience officer
Four IRROs are available through Queensland Farmers Federation (QFF) and Burnett Mary Regional Group (BMRG).
- If you're a grazier, contact BMRG on (07) 4181 2999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you're an intensive industry producer, contact QFF on (07) 3837 4720 or email email@example.com.
- Last reviewed: 31 Aug 2023
- Last updated: 1 Sep 2023