Farm Business Resilience Program
The Farm Business Resilience Program (FBRP) helps farmers and graziers build a sustainable business by planning today for tomorrow's drought and climate risks.
Through the program you can:
- access learning and development through training and workshops
- improve your farm management and business performance
- plan for challenges that could impact your business.
You can also access support through the program to write and implement a Farm Business Resilience Plan. You need a Farm Business Resilience Plan (or equivalent business plan) to apply for drought assistance grants and loans through the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority.
Industry workshops and training
Grazing, cropping, and dairy
You can attend workshops and field days run by the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) about:
- strategic business management
- farm risk management, decision-making and understanding climate forecasting
- natural resource management
- personal resilience.
DAF can assist with:
- improving farm business resilience in Queensland's Grain Farming Systems
- providing information about the GrazingFutures Livestock Business Resilience program (view calendar of events)
- providing information about the Dairy Farm Business Resilience Program.
Phone DAF on 13 25 23 to find out about upcoming events.
Intensive livestock, cotton, turf, and nursery industries
The Queensland Farmers' Federation (QFF) Family Farm Business Resilience Program delivers industry-specific, risk mitigation business support.
Growcom's resilience facilitators offer workshops and one-on-one training to help you:
- assess your current management practices
- identify risks, solutions and actions that can build resilience and profitability over the longer term.
The Business Essentials course delivered by Canegrowers takes you through key aspects of farm business financial management and strategic planning.
The Farm Business Resilience Program and the Farm Management Grants are co-funded through the:
- Australian Government's Future Drought Fund
- Queensland Government's Drought and Climate Adaptation Program.
- Last reviewed: 28 Nov 2022
- Last updated: 15 Aug 2023