Financial assistance for agribusinesses in natural disasters
Northern and Central Queensland monsoon and flooding (20 December 2022 – March 2023)
Small businesses and primary producers in the eligible local government areas may be able to access:
- disaster assistance loans of up to $250,000 (concessional rates)
- disaster assistance (essential working capital) loans of up to $100,000
- freight subsidies of up to $5,000 per property (for primary producers)
- personal hardship financial assistance.
Find an electrician or diesel mechanic for your farm's emergency repairs, such as for generators, pumps, property vehicles and diesel engines. Keep your receipts for future potential claims.
Fodder can be collected from:
- Donors Hill – phone 0429 665 159
- Normanton (Hawkins Transport) – phone 0418 451 688.
Complete the DAF disaster impact survey if your farm has been impacted by recent weather events in Queensland.
These financial assistance packages are available under Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA) for disaster-activated areas.
Depending on the severity of damage, different types of assistance are activated for certain areas.
Find out if you are in an area activated for assistance.
- Freight subsidies of up to $5,000 per property to move essential materials such as fodder, building and fencing materials, machinery, and animals for restocking.
- Disaster Assistance Loans of up to $250,000 at a concessional rate.
- Essential Working Capital Loans to continue the normal operation of your primary production enterprise.
Producers in the worst hit areas may be eligible to apply for recovery grants to support clean up, restoration and recovery activities.
Category D assistance is considered once the impact of the disaster has been assessed and it is identified that existing assistance measures are insufficient to support recovery.
If you're not in an activation area
If you have suffered significant damage from a natural disaster but you aren’t in the activation area, you can apply for the Individual Disaster Stricken Property (IDSP) declaration.
Phone the Customer Service Centre on 13 25 23.
- Last reviewed: 21 Sep 2022
- Last updated: 24 Mar 2023