Financial assistance for agribusinesses in natural disasters
These financial assistance packages are available under Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA) for disaster-activated areas.
Depending on the severity of damage, different types of assistance are activated for certain areas.
Find out if you are in an area activated for assistance.
- Freight subsidies of up to $5,000 per property to move essential materials such as fodder, building and fencing materials, machinery, and animals for restocking.
- Disaster Assistance Loans of up to $250,000 at a concessional rate.
- Essential Working Capital Loans to continue the normal operation of your primary production enterprise.
Producers in the worst hit areas may be eligible to apply for recovery grants to support clean up, restoration and recovery activities.
Category D assistance is considered once the impact of the disaster has been assessed and it is identified that existing assistance measures are insufficient to support recovery.
If you're not in an activation area
If you have suffered significant damage from a natural disaster but you aren’t in the activation area, you can apply for the Individual Disaster Stricken Property (IDSP) declaration.
Phone the Customer Service Centre on 13 25 23.
- Last reviewed: 21 Sep 2022
- Last updated: 16 May 2023