Freight subsidies for disaster-affected primary producers
Freight subsidies can help with moving:
- emergency fodder for livestock to the primary producer's home property
- building, fencing materials, machinery and equipment
- animals purchased for restocking as a result of the disaster.
Who can apply
Freight subsidies of up to $5,000 per disaster event are available for eligible primary producers:
- located within a disaster-activated area
- who hold a current Individual Disaster Stricken Property (IDSP) declaration.
A primary producer is a person who spends the majority of their labour on, and derives the majority of their income from, a primary production enterprise.
How to apply
There are 4 different subsidies available:
- transport of fodder
- transport of building, fencing, equipment and machinery
- removal of stock
- transport of animals purchased for restocking.
View the application guidelines and forms.
Call the Customer Service Centre on 13 25 23.
- Last reviewed: 21 Sep 2022
- Last updated: 21 Sep 2022