Use of agricultural and veterinary chemicals
Support for efficient chemical use
- provides assistance to agricultural businesses to reduce chemical expenses and waste
- supports the Queensland Reef Water Quality Program.
The use of chemicals is regulated to minimise risks to health, the environment and trade.
Agricultural and veterinary chemical products must be used responsibly and safely.
In general, you must:
- use registered agricultural and veterinary chemical products
- follow instructions on the product label.
Appropriately choosing and using chemicals protects against:
- loss of markets due to chemical residues in produce
- health and safety impacts
- resistance in target pests
- environmental impacts.
This guide includes information to help you use agricultural and veterinary chemicals safely.