Licences and permits

All agricultural pilots who apply agricultural chemicals by aircraft in a regulated area of Queensland must have a pilot chemical rating licence.

In many cases, a person who uses ground equipment to apply herbicides to control weeds on land that they do not own or occupy needs to be licensed.

The business for which these operators undertake the spraying is also required to be licensed.

A special permit is needed to apply certain volatile agricultural chemical products in declared hazardous areas.

In many areas of the state, the legislation that regulates these licences does not apply. The legislation mainly applies in southern, eastern and central regions of Queensland. In other areas, licences are not required.

If you are uncertain whether you need a licence, contact our Customer Service Centre.