Demolition licences

Find upcoming events for the work health and safety community.

If your business carries out demolition work then you will need a demolition licence.

The holder of a demolition licence must ensure that a nominated person who meets the criteria set out in Information Paper D2 (PDF, 235KB) is present or readily available to a worker carrying out demolition work.

Applicants for a licence to carry out demolition work must meet the requirements of Information Paper D1 (PDF, 277KB) and the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011.

The documentation required for your licence application is detailed in the guidelines of Form 76 – Application for a licence to carry out demolition work (PDF, 302KB).

Demolition licences are valid for a period of 2 years from the date of issue.

Read the Demolition work licence summary on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS).

Also consider...