Business health and safety resources for coronavirus (COVID-19)
Read Chief Health Officer (CHO) public health directions for current public health directions and links to legislative resources issued by the CHO and Queensland Health.
A wide range of workplace health and safety resources, posters, and fact sheets have been developed to help you stay informed and manage your business during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Mental health and wellbeing
A range of resources and support are available from the Queensland and Australian governments to help ensure your mental health and wellbeing is looked after during this time, including:
- Queensland Mental Health Commission – information on business support, managing change, supporting colleagues, self-care and other resources for small business. Read the Small business mental health and wellbeing factsheet (PDF, 279KB).
- Dear Mind website - provides ideas and inspiration for for incorporating mental wellbeing activities into your everyday life and links to wellbeing resources and support services
- Department of Health
- Looking after your mental health during COVID-19 restrictions – tips and information on looking after yourself and those around you, during COVID-19 restrictions
- Head to Health – tips, support and resources on maintaining good mental health during stressful times
- Workplace Health and Safety Queensland's Mentally healthy workplaces toolkit provides guidance material and practical tools to facilitate positive steps towards a mentally healthy workplace
- Safe Work Australia's Coronavirus (COVID-19) anxiety and staying mentally healthy fact sheet (PDF, 106KB).
Business advisors can also help support small business owners to look after their mental health using the Free mental health guide for small business owners guide developed by Beyond Blue. The guide includes practical information, tips and links to further resources to assist small business owners.
Print and display these Queensland Government workplace posters to show your customers and employees what actions you are taking to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Choose a prominent location to display them (e.g. your foyer, entrance, noticeboards, bathrooms, meeting rooms):
- COVID-19 business safety poster – show your customers what actions your business is taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Important information for workplaces – 3 important steps your employees can take to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Hygiene posters have been developed by the Australian Department of Health, including:
- Simple steps to help stop the spread poster and COVID-19 information sheet for employers
- Good hygiene practices for business
- Keeping your distance
- How to handwash.
Safe Work Australia lists multiple COVID-19 posters, signage, fact sheets and more on hygiene and change in operation themes, including:
- COVID-19 information for workplaces toolkit
- COVID-19 resource kit – includes a COVID-19 workplace checklist, how to keep workers safe fact sheet, guide to setting up your workstation at home and more.
Business and industry resources and fact sheets
These COVID-19 resources and fact sheets for industry have been developed by Queensland Health and the Australian Department of Health:
- food businesses and retailers
- health professionals including, clinicians, pathology providers, health and aged care workers
- in-home community workers
- linen management (including for healthcare facilities)
- residential and care facilities (non-health)
- travel, transport and hotel industries
- waste management for health facilities and waste contractors
- water industry and plumbers.
General cleaning, disinfection and health advice
Both the Queensland and Australian governments provide a range of cleaning resources, including:
- Routine cleaning advice – use for communal or outbreak areas for communal or outbreak areas
- COVID-19 cleaning and disinfection recommendations
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Information about routine environmental cleaning and disinfection in the community.
- Find information on business recovery to help you reopen and grow your business as coronavirus (COVID-19) business restrictions ease.
- Last reviewed: 29 May 2020
- Last updated: 1 Sep 2020