The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Business health and safety resources for coronavirus (COVID-19)
Read Chief Health Officer (CHO) public health directions for current public health directions and links to legislative resources issued by the CHO and Queensland Health.
A wide range of workplace health and safety resources, posters, and fact sheets have been developed to help you stay informed and manage your business during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Mental health and wellbeing
A range of resources and support are available from the Queensland and Australian governments to help ensure your mental health and wellbeing is looked after during this time, including:
- Queensland Mental Health Commission:
- information on COVID-19 and mental health, crisis and support contacts, videos, and support services
- information sheet on mental health and wellbeing for small business
- small business information on business support, managing change, supporting colleagues, self-care and more.
- Your mental wellbeing – ideas and inspiration for incorporating mental wellbeing activities into your everyday life and links to wellbeing resources and support services
- Queensland Department of Health:
- Looking after your mental health during COVID-19 restrictions – tips and information on looking after yourself and those around you, during COVID-19 restrictions
- Head to health – tips, support and resources on maintaining good mental health during stressful times
- Workplace Health and Safety Queensland – Mentally healthy workplaces toolkit provides guidance material and practical tools to facilitate positive steps towards a mentally healthy workplace
- Australian Psychological Society – Coronavirus (COVID-19) anxiety and staying mentally healthy fact sheet (PDF, 106KB)
- My business health – tools, templates and tips to manage stress and help you navigate your business through difficult times.
- Business advisors can use the free mental health guide for small business owners to help support small business owners to look after their mental health. Developed by Beyond Blue, the guide includes practical information, tips and links to further resources.
COVID-19 posters, signage and fact sheets
Print and display these Queensland Government workplace posters to show your customers and employees what actions you are taking to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Choose a prominent location to display them (e.g. front windows, foyer, noticeboards, bathrooms, meeting rooms):
- COVID-19 business safety poster – show your customers what actions your business is taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Important information for workplaces – 3 important steps your employees can take to stop the spread of COVID-19.
COVID-19 hygiene resources have been developed by the Australian Department of Health, including:
- Simple steps to help stop the spread poster
- Good hygiene is in your hands poster
- Keeping your distance poster
- How to handwash poster
- COVID-19 information sheet for employers and fact sheets.
Safe Work Australia lists multiple COVID-19 posters, signage, fact sheets and more on hygiene and change in operation themes, including:
- Transitioning back to usual workplaces checklist
- COVID-19 information for workplaces toolkit
- COVID-19 resource kit – includes a COVID-19 workplace checklist, how to keep workers safe fact sheet, guide to setting up your workstation at home and more.
Business and industry resources and fact sheets
These COVID-19 resources and fact sheets for industry have been developed by Queensland Health and the Australian Department of Health:
- food services
- health professionals including, clinicians, pathology providers, health and aged care workers
- in-home community workers
- linen management (including for healthcare facilities)
- non-health residential and care facilities
- travel, transport and hotel industries
- waste management for health facilities and waste contractors
- wastewater (sewage) – information for the water industry and plumbers.
General cleaning, disinfection and health advice
Both the Queensland and Australian governments provide a range of hygiene and cleaning advice, including:
- How to protect yourself and others – COVID-19 – including workplace, taxi and ride sharing and PPE advice
- Cleaning resources, posters and images
- COVID-19 cleaning and disinfection recommendations
- Face masks – how to wear, recommended types, disposal and make your own
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Routine environmental cleaning and disinfection in the community.
- Find information on business recovery to help you reopen and grow your business as coronavirus (COVID-19) business restrictions ease.
- Last reviewed: 8 Oct 2020
- Last updated: 8 Oct 2020
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/10/2020
- Mentoring for Growth day - Logan 29/10/2020