COVID-19 alert: Read about eased restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 1am, Friday 22 January.
Keeping your workplace safe
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Workplace health and safety
Workplace risk management advice, resources and assistance, including:
- Queensland Department of Workplace Health and Safety's
- COVID-19 Work Health and Safety Hotline 1300 005 018 – advice for employers
- workplace risk management and preventing the spread of infection in the workplace
- Queensland Government's business health and safety resources for COVID-19, including posters and signage for your workplace
- Safe Work Australia's information for workplaces toolkit, industry information and COVID-19 resource kit
- Queensland Health's coronavirus (COVID-19) information and resources and fact sheets for industry
- WorkCover Queensland's workers' compensation frequently asked questions
- Australian Department of Health's alerts, advice and resources
- Australian Department of Home Affairs' translated COVID resources in many languages.
As an employer, you are legally obligated to provide a safe workplace for yourself, your workers, customers, and other people such as members of the public and visitors. This is a requirement under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, and significant fines and penalties apply for employers who don't meet the obligations under the Act.
You can manage work health and safety in your business by developing a plan that is simple, practical, and easy to implement. Effectively managing health and safety in your workplace is also good business - avoiding accidents and illness at work can lower your costs, increase productivity and improve your reputation.
This guide gives you the information you need to keep your workplace safe.