Managing work health and safety in your business
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Workplace health and safety
Workplace risk management advice, resources and assistance, including:
- Queensland Department of Workplace Health and Safety's
- COVID-19 Work Health and Safety Hotline 1300 005 018 – advice for employers
- workplace risk management and preventing the spread of infection in the workplace
- Queensland Government's business health and safety resources for COVID-19, including posters and signage for your workplace
- Safe Work Australia's information for workplaces toolkit, industry information and COVID-19 resource kit
- Queensland Health's coronavirus (COVID-19) information and resources and fact sheets for industry
- WorkCover Queensland's workers' compensation frequently asked questions
- Australian Department of Health's alerts, advice and resources
- Australian Department of Home Affairs' translated COVID resources in many languages.
You can improve how your business manages work health and safety by using the following helpful resources.
Build business resilience
Improve how you will deal with workplace incidents by developing a business continuity plan and conducting a comprehensive analysis of how your business could be affected by various possible incidents.
If your business does suffer from a major incident, having a business continuity plan could help you continue to operate and avoid having to close.
A business continuity plan includes a risk management plan, a business impact analysis, an incident response plan and a recovery plan.
Improve your safety performance through safety leadership
The Safety Leadership at Work Program is designed to improve safety culture and contribute to reducing work related injuries and fatalities in Queensland workplaces. Join the program for free and learn how to influence and build a positive safety culture through:
- webinars, forums and safety leadership events (receive special membership rates)
- films, benchmarking tools and case studies
- updates on leading industry practices
- direct access to business leaders to apply their learnings directly to your own business
- networking opportunities to explore solutions to common issues and influence your industry's safety culture.
Access Workplace Health and Safety Queensland's resources
You may be eligible for a Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) small business advisor to visit your workplace and assess your situation. They can give you advice on your safety management system and provide information on solutions available to fix health and safety issues. Find out if you're eligible and arrange a workplace consultation for your business.
WHSQ also offers:
- information on workplace training, which helps ensure staff have the skills and knowledge they need to perform their work safely
- a range of small business workshops to help you manage safety in your workplace
- information on specific hazards, safety information and tools for small business to medium businesses, industry sectors and occupations
- educational resources, events, publications and videos
- up-to-date information in the eSAFE newsletter.