Work health and safety laws in Queensland
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Workplace health and safety
- Read advice for keeping your workplace safe, clean and healthy.
- Find business health and safety resources for COVID-19, including posters and signage for your workplace.
- Find information for workplaces from Safe Work Australia.
- Read workers' compensation frequently asked questions from WorkCover Queensland.
Find upcoming events for the work health and safety community.
It is your duty as an employer to provide your employees with a safe and healthy work environment.
Under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 you must assess risks and implement and review control measures to prevent or minimise exposure to these risks.
To properly manage exposure to risks, you must:
- identify workplace hazards
- determine who might be harmed, and how
- decide on control measures
- put controls in place
- review the controls regularly.
This guide introduces you to work health and safety laws and their application.