Work health and safety laws in Queensland
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Workplace health and safety
Workplace risk management advice, resources and assistance, including:
- Queensland Department of Workplace Health and Safety's
- COVID-19 Work Health and Safety Hotline 1300 005 018 – advice for employers
- workplace risk management and preventing the spread of infection in the workplace
- Queensland Government's business health and safety resources for COVID-19, including posters and signage for your workplace
- Safe Work Australia's information for workplaces toolkit, industry information and COVID-19 resource kit
- Queensland Health's coronavirus (COVID-19) information and resources and fact sheets for industry
- WorkCover Queensland's workers' compensation frequently asked questions
- Australian Department of Health's alerts, advice and resources
- Australian Department of Home Affairs' translated COVID resources in many languages.
Find upcoming events for the work health and safety community.
It is your duty as an employer to provide your employees with a safe and healthy work environment.
Under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 you must assess risks and implement and review control measures to prevent or minimise exposure to these risks.
To properly manage exposure to risks, you must:
- identify workplace hazards
- determine who might be harmed, and how
- decide on control measures
- put controls in place
- review the controls regularly.
This guide introduces you to work health and safety laws and their application.