Historical flood mapping
Looking for current flood events?
Find flood risk information
Most local councils provide flood risk and zoning information online, often in reports or interactive maps. Check to see if your local council is included here.
- Balonne Shire Council
- Banana Shire Council
- Barcaldine Regional Council
- Barcoo Shire Council
- Blackall-Tambo Regional Council
- Brisbane City Council
- Bundaberg Regional Council
- Burdekin Shire Council
- Burke Shire Council
- Cairns Regional Council
- Carpentaria Shire Council
- Cassowary Coast Regional Council
- Central Highlands Regional Council
- Charters Towers Regional Council
- Cook Shire Council
- Croydon Shire Council
- Douglas Shire Council
- Fraser Coast Regional Council
- Gladstone Regional Council
- Gold Coast City Council
- Goondiwindi Regional Council
- Gympie Regional Council
- Hinchinbrook Shire Council
- Ipswich City Council
- Isaac Regional Council
- Kowanyama Aboriginal Shire Council
- Livingstone Shire Council
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Logan City Council
- Longreach Regional Council
- Mackay Regional Council
- Maranoa Regional Council
- Mareeba Shire Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Mount Isa City Council
- Murweh Shire Council
- Noosa Shire Council
- North Burnett Regional Council
- Paroo Shire Council
- Redland City Council
- Richmond Shire Council
- Rockhampton Regional Council
- Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- South Burnett Regional Council
- Southern Downs Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Council
- Tablelands Regional Council
- Toowoomba Regional Council
- Torres Shire Council
- Torres Strait Island Regional Council
- Townsville City Council
- Western Downs Regional Council
- Whitsunday Regional Council
My council doesn't have flood information online
If your local council doesn't have flood information online, you can use Floodcheck. View the rapid hazard assessment overlay to see flood data, including:
- view historic major floodlines (1893, 1974, 2010 and 2011)
- the likely extent of floodplains (areas adjacent to rivers that can experience flooding)
- technical reports and flood studies, including the broadscale Queensland floodplain assessment overlay (QFAO).
FloodCheck may not include all current flood-related information and data. Read the terms and conditions before using FloodCheck.
- Phone the State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500 for storm-related assistance, or download the SES Assistance QLD app.
- Read current flood information.
- Contact the relevant local council for the most current property scale flood information.
- Access the Australia Flood Risk Information Portal.
- View historical flood map digital images.
- Read about how the Queensland Reconstruction Authority is rebuilding areas affected by extreme weather events.
- View flood imagery and data from 1974 to 2017.
- Last reviewed: 22 Jun 2023
- Last updated: 22 Jun 2023