The Queensland Government works with councils and the private sector to develop products and services to assist in mitigating, preparing, responding and recovering from flood events across the state.
We also have a large collection of flood imagery and data from 1974 to 2017 which is used for recovery activities and future planning.
FloodCheck online map
The FloodCheck interactive map gives access to a wide range of flood information and data developed as part of the Queensland Flood Mapping program.
Please read the terms and conditions before using the FloodCheck map.
The FloodCheck online map lets you:
- view the likely extent of floodplains and historic floodlines
- access flood information, maps, reports, basin and town flood studies and data, including the Queensland floodplain assessment overlay
- search by address, lot/plan, town, local government areas, drainage basins and gauges
- view inundation areas derived from flood studies related to gauge heights, modelled events and historical flood events
- view flood and cyclone imagery where available and flood animation videos.
Flood study and mapping reference guides
The Flood mapping implementation kit (PDF, 877KB) was written to assist local councils and disaster management groups to use flood mapping products to improve their disaster management and land use planning.
The Guide for flood studies and mapping in Queensland (PDF, 2.5MB) was designed to promote a consistent approach to flood studies and mapping throughout the state.
Email email@example.com for more information on flood mapping data and FloodCheck.
- Last reviewed: 12 Sep 2018
- Last updated: 12 Sep 2018