Topographic maps show information about the shape of the land: both natural features and purpose-built structures. They can be used to obtain measurements (within map scale limits) of distance, direction, area and quantity. Depending on the map scale, some features are symbolised to provide additional information.
QTopo: online topographic maps
QTopo lets you explore Queensland's topography virtually. You can also request specific areas as printable PDFs.
- QTopo is accessed through your browser.
- Select the link relevant for your device:
QTopo mobile for desktop, mobile or tablets.
QTopo desktop for older desktop or laptop computers.
Note: Some browsers no longer support the Silverlight plugin that allowed users to view the desktop version of QTopo.
To access QTopo quickly on your tablet or mobile device, you can add an icon to your home screen. Choose 'Add to home screen' from the share button on an Apple device, or 'Add shortcut to home' from the menu on Android.
Printing and downloading your map
You can print a map at A4, A3 or A1 paper size.
Custom topographic map
- From the 'Click Here To…' drop down menu on the top left of the map window, select 'Create a printable map.'
- After completing the instructions, you will receive an email with a download link for you to save the file to your computer.
Standard topographic map
- From the 'Click Here To…' drop down menu on the top left of the map window, select 'Download a standard map sheet.'
- After completing the instructions, the map will open on your browser for you to save the file to your computer.
The quality of the printed map will be determined by the print method used. The map output will be the same quality and resolution as the traditional hardcopy topographic maps.
Digital topographic data
Digital mapping data can be downloaded through QSpatial or supplied through our FTP web site.
Read more about digital topographic data.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need help.
- Last reviewed: 08 Nov 2016
- Last updated: 08 Nov 2016